PDA

View Full Version : final phase of cycle...what is my next step?

seanbugeja
02/08/2016, 10:30 AM
hi all, thanks for all your help up to now.

im in the last phase of my cycle.....amonia is 0 and nitrite is 0.05....was thinking about getting a kaudern's cardinal and a firefish...should i let nitrite go down to 0 first or can i add them?

How big of a water change should i do to lower my nitrates? havent done any water changes up to now. thanks

scooter31707
02/08/2016, 11:04 AM
you are about half way done with your cycle. Once you ammonia and nirite neutralized at zero and nirate rise and then fall, then you are done with the cycle. DO NOT put any livestock in that tank now. Once the cycle is finish still don't add any fish, your CUC should be first. Only add half of what is recommend for your size tank. Some hobbyist a water change after the cycle and some don't. Matter of preference.

seanbugeja
02/08/2016, 02:35 PM
thanks a lot...im growing impatient haha...but will wait...what would u recommend as a CUC for a 120l tank?

thaks a lot

thegrun
02/08/2016, 04:41 PM
Do you have a sand bed? If so I would start with two or three nassarius snails for the sand and a mix of maybe 15-20 of the following:
Asterea Snails (they cannot right themselves if they get knocked over so they can be a pain, but great algae eaters),Trocus, Cerith, Nerite snails. Perhaps a few Turbo Snails down the road.

seanbugeja
02/08/2016, 09:54 PM
Thanks a lot :)

Sk8r
02/10/2016, 02:57 PM
You can start a fish in the quarantine process now, but plan not to add him for about 4 weeks.