PDA

View Full Version : Lifereef Sump 2 Part Dosing Line Close to ATO

Rufnek100
02/08/2016, 10:58 AM
I've got a Lifereef skimmer / sump and am to the point of installing my two part doser. The sump is designed with three 1/2" ports on the side for this purpose and am getting ready to back out the plugs and reinstall some push-to-connect elbow fittings, but I was looking for feedback from anyone else with this setup to see how well it has worked.

My main concern is the proximity of the threaded holes to the Tunze Osmolator ATO water level sensor - the ports are relatively close to where the optic sensor is mounted (and the sensor will be difficult to move to another location the way my sump is configured). Should I be worried about alk / calc buildup on the optical sensor and causing problems with my ATO?

d2mini
02/08/2016, 11:29 AM
As long as you are dripping your two-part into a high flow area (which you should be doing anyway) I think you should be fine. You can maybe have a piece of 1/4" semi-rigid line extend out from the John Guest fitting, further from the ATO sensor.

Just keep an eye on that sensor.

Rufnek100
02/08/2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks - the lines will be dripping into the return pump section of the sump, so that should be okay.