PDA

View Full Version : Apex jr ?

stingman
02/08/2016, 01:29 PM
I have an apex gold system that is in need or replacement i have all the modules for ato breakout box wxm eb8 leak detector ect id like to replace it with a apex jr because i cant afford the bigger system my question is can i use all the modules and the eb8 with an apex jr? Can i run 2 pm1 modules on it so i can run ph and orp probes as well as the salinity probe with a pm2 neptune doesnt apear to have much published information in this regard what is the difference between the 2 systems. My base unit and my display are bad and replacing them will cost 400 which i just cant swing right now the jr is 239 which i can do if i cant run all the modules id rather just wait until i save a few more bucks i could use the jr after i get the parts in a few weeks on another tank

scuzy
02/08/2016, 01:38 PM
I think the junior is limited in amount of modules it can use. I think you could get a replacement base unit for 200+ from Neptune. The you really don't need the display if you can setup the ip and do everything via the web.

Member No. 1
02/08/2016, 08:43 PM
There are tons of good used ones around.
This last storm on Friday I lost power, hooked up generator, long story short I fried a EB8, PM1, PM2, WXM, Display.
Found local, full Apex with EB8, display, base, temp, pH, and ORP probes. It's less than a year old. $250. So now I have a spare base.
The other modules are on order.

sith8888
02/09/2016, 11:57 AM
The apex jr is limited to six total modules (display counts as one) but all the items work together. I bought a used Apex a couple weeks ago with 2 EB8 for $300 so the used ones are around if you want to stick to the full Apex. I've never bought from Neptune but if you can replace for $200 for the base unit I think it is the way to go.

I had a Jr. on my reef tank but wanted the additional outlets so I bought used and moved the Jr. to my freshwater tank.

scuzy
02/09/2016, 12:56 PM
I got a extra apex full base module from them when my base unit needed to be sent in for repairs on the temp probe. It was around 200.

stingman
02/09/2016, 03:12 PM
Base unit is $275 screen is $124 im going to buy the jr and use it for a couple weeks i guess all i really need is the ph controller for now anyway

jonmos75
02/09/2016, 03:14 PM
The apex jr is limited to six total modules (display counts as one)

This has changed as the Apex Jr can handle 7 modules and the Display does not count as one anymore;)