PDA

View Full Version : Clown tangs

Dark knight
02/08/2016, 02:49 PM
Why are they hard to keep?

ThRoewer
02/08/2016, 02:57 PM
They are not hard to keep in an appropriately sized tank.
The issue with them is their aggressiveness.

CoralsAddiction
02/08/2016, 03:21 PM
I like them a lot. LFS had two small, healthy and eating. But yes I've heard some horror stories about their attitudes, some of which was directed against the hand that fed them ;)

jda
02/08/2016, 06:21 PM
They are easy to keep. They just can get mean. They need room and food. 180 at least and fed 3-4 times a day. They are like people... meet their needs and they are reasonable. Overstimulate, undernourish and cram them into small places, and they act like some a holes on a reality TV show. Most reefers put them in too small of a tank and then will not feed them enough to keep the nutrients down on their reef.

I have had several in my 240 and they do well until they reach about 6", which can be done in less than a year if you are feeding them correctly enough to keep them nice. Then, they move on to the 7500G display at a local restaurant where both of them are still alive.

BigBlueTang
02/08/2016, 09:42 PM
They are easy to keep. They just can get mean. They need room and food. 180 at least and fed 3-4 times a day. They are like people... meet their needs and they are reasonable. Overstimulate, undernourish and cram them into small places, and they act like some a holes on a reality TV show. Most reefers put them in too small of a tank and then will not feed them enough to keep the nutrients down on their reef.

I have had several in my 240 and they do well until they reach about 6", which can be done in less than a year if you are feeding them correctly enough to keep them nice. Then, they move on to the 7500G display at a local restaurant where both of them are still alive.

Woah. PM me. I'm in boulder too. I'd like to see this 7500.