PDA

View Full Version : ATI Power Modules Not Holding Time.....

Kengar
02/09/2016, 05:49 PM
I bought two units just recently and hung them the other day. I have had them plugged in for two or three days now, but time is still resetting to 00:00:00 when I unplug evn just briefly (5 seconds). I spoke with someone yesterday morning from ATI NA, and he said it takes a few days for battery backup (he thinks it's a capacitor, but was not really sure) to charge to point it can hold time. Is this correct? If so, how long will it take???? Seems strange to me.......

Kengar
02/11/2016, 07:14 AM
So do they hold time or not? Some people responding in the Club thread have said they have never had an issue with the units losing time; other people report it as one of their main gripes with the unit.

So what's the story on this issue?

mrreeftank
03/06/2016, 01:50 AM
Having the same problem.. is it an internal button cell maybe?

Kengar
03/29/2016, 12:16 PM
I did a firmware update and it worked. I would send you the email I got from ATI NA with the file, but no longer have it.

drummerboyevil
03/29/2016, 04:01 PM
It's a capacitor. I know because I have an older model where if there's an error and bulbs won't turn on, you have to wait like a day or two with it unplugged for it to clear the error.

I was pretty annoyed with this so I just opened it up and un-soldered the capacitor from the board. I have to reprogram the light when it loses power, but I don't really care.

To be honest I'm thinking about wiring the ballasts up to my controller and only using the build in controller as a fan controller.

Kengar
03/29/2016, 04:08 PM
Yes, but.......

With mine, even after several days the capacitor didn't charge. As soon as I unplugged the units, time would reset.

With the firmware update, capacitors now charge and hold time for at least half an hour. (I haven't tried to figure out how long they'll go.) I'm guessing that old firmware overlooked a command to charge the capacitor.