PDA

View Full Version : Help! 29g Biocube Lighting

ohl0rd
02/10/2016, 05:34 PM
Hi! So I'm pretty new to the hobby, about 6 months in or so. I have a 29g biocube with stock lighting (or the lights it came with) and not in any way changed from it's original manufactured state. I'm not ready yet but eventually I would love to consider getting a bubble tip anenome for my clowns and have read that chances are the stock lighting will not be enough. My dilemma lies in what lighting do I need to get? do I need to Mod[?] my cube? I've researched around and am trying to understand all the LED, t5, MH jargon but am having some difficulty discerning which would be best for the biocube 29g but also best to be able to support an anemone comfortably without trouble. questions I have are, will I need to mod or are there kits[?] that are already mod-ded to fit the biocube structure, where is the best place to look online for said lights, what lights would be best; the LEDs, t5s or the MH's especially keeping in mind what I would absolutely love to keep.

any help, advice, suggestions or links elsewhere would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you very much in advance!

LQT
02/10/2016, 08:38 PM
When it comes to the BioCube, 3 come to mind for LED retrofits. Rapid LEDs, Steve's LEDs and Nanobox Reef. I myself have a Nanobox Retro and couldn't be happier.

Jayreefer
02/10/2016, 09:20 PM
I have a 150w MH above mine and love it! But I also prefer MH to LED.

tmc1313
02/10/2016, 09:51 PM
If I were upgrading my lighting on a biocube 29, I would go with the nanobox duo plus. Pricey, but IMO, a great upgrade for biocube.