PDA

View Full Version : Aquatronica Oxygen Probe

RobbyG
02/11/2016, 04:09 PM
Anyone get one yet? If so how is it working?

Thanks
Rob

Rogger Castells
09/14/2016, 09:02 PM
I am interested too, I am planning on ordering one

RobbyG
09/17/2016, 12:53 PM
So far it's been a great investment in setting up my Sulfur Reactor.
For those of you that know me, you already know that I am not going to ever Shill people onto a product. So let me be straight and say that IMHO while it would be nice to have one on every tank, it really is not needed for most setups. Your experience or the numerous YouTube videos can give you a good idea if you have adequate Oxygenation in your Tank. So on most tanks that are keeping fish healthy your just going to see 98% to 99% Oxygenation levels. Is it worth it to see such a steady number, you decide.

On the other hand if your experimenting with semi anaerobic environments this thing is a must have device. You don't want the Oxygen levels to go too low like 0-2% but at the same time you do not want levels as high as 10%, what you really want is levels around 5-6%. This probe is very accurate and seems to rarely need calibration or new fluid (Yes you can change the fluid and change the probe tip). So far it has been running for four months and the probe is still perfectly calibrated.

So I highly recommend the Probe based on Quality and performance. Just make sure you have a proper use for it.

Rob

Rogger Castells
09/17/2016, 12:56 PM
true

RobbyG
09/17/2016, 11:39 PM
I should also add it is also useful for anybody who is thinking of adding Algae removing chemicals. Those products lower Oxygen levels and without monitoring they could kill off your corals. Personally I don't use the stuff, but I did try it in the past with mixed results.

Rob

markalex
11/12/2016, 06:54 AM
Just bought one of these and it wont connect to my acq115 it just says unknown device unable to connect.Bought the interphase and probe direct from aquatronica and an waiting for them to respond.i suspect im going to have to update the software but don't currently have the usb module(and the"latest" 115 software is 2014 before the release of the probes).What controller are using robby?also if i do get it connected how do you calibrate it?

RobbyG
11/12/2016, 10:28 AM
I am using the touch controller.
The calibration is simple. Low point is done with the probe disconnected from the module and the 100% is done with the probe just in air. I did read online that other companies put their probes in sealed container just hovering over a some freshly aerated water for the 100% calibration point. I tried both and the AQT method seemed to give better results.

Let us know what they say about the ACQ115. Make sure they say it will work with the 115 before you invest further in a USB module. Although you really should have a USB module because the PC software is pretty darn good.

markalex
11/12/2016, 11:19 AM
Cheers for reply robby,theres nothing on the website to say that it doesn't work with the 115 all it says is that the interphase makes it plug n play so i will be a bit annoyed if it turns out to be not compatible especially since I bought it direct from aquatronica italy and there was no questions regarding controller.Never had a reason to update in the past as its always just worked and ihave the ethernet module so i can control online.Hopefully theyll respond next week and ill let you know.

markalex
11/13/2016, 07:39 AM
have had a response from aquatronica which is good going for a Sunday and apparently I just need to do an update:
" Did you update to the latest version available on our website?
After updating it will recognize them"
They even offered to do it for me to save buying a pc interphase but to send to italy would be hassle so will bite the bullet and buy one.

RobbyG
11/16/2016, 09:27 AM
Good decision Mark. I think the USB interface is going to be worth it as there will be more updates in the future and the PC software for the 115 is excellent. I really miss the great graphing features in the PC software.

BTW Yes I did update but that was one version ago. I suspect that your 115 is at least two versions out of date.