PDA

View Full Version : 500 Gallon Custom Build

Mrpunkracing
02/11/2016, 07:22 PM
CASA DEL AQUA REEFING presents the 500 Gallon Custom Tank Build! HELP

SEE ATTACHED PICS

I am looking for recommendations of Custom Tank manufacturers of Rimless Glass and PVC/Acrylic Sumps..

Dimension of Main Display

96" (L) x 28" (D) x 30" (H) ( Low Lead GLASS)

Sumps

(2) 30" L x 24" D x 20" H (Acrylic/PVC)
(1) 24" L x 24" D x 20" H (Acrylic/PVC)

I had been struggling :headwalls: trying to find manufacturers not wanting to push me into an acrylic main display.

Any referrals would be appreciated.

DDon
02/12/2016, 01:05 AM
I would check Crystal Dynamics. They are wholesale only so you will need to work through a dealer. There are a number of dealers not far from you (OC Fish right in San Clemente being one of them) though since they are out of Oceanside. They did a nice job on my 270.
It was worth getting prices from different dealers though as each dealer marked the tank up different amounts, some being pretty significant.

gus6464
02/12/2016, 02:12 AM
Since you in SoCal I would go with the following:

Tank - Crystal Dynamics
Sump - Advanced Acrylics

Both are local. Advanced Acrylics does amazing sumps. The couple CD tanks I have seen looked really nice and their prices are not super high. AA had a modular sump system like the one you posted at RAP this year so they can do it.

Mrpunkracing
02/17/2016, 02:07 AM
I do agree advanced acrylics can produce a great sump. I'm more concerned about a rimless main display. Trent stated he wasn't willing to build that big without eurobracing.
Elos and Miracles has agreed to make a rimless tank, just looking for other high end options ?