PDA

View Full Version : filter sock length?

lantonini
02/12/2016, 02:48 PM
I am building a new sump and wondering what length socks I should use. I have about 14.5-15" of height. So I was thinking 3x 4"x14" or should I do 4"x8" so I can hide 2 heaters or something under the socks?

lantonini
02/14/2016, 06:09 AM
So I had 1 8" in my mix of socks. I t is amazing how fast it needed to be changed. If I do the 8" one. I will need to change them every 3 days. 14" every week. Any thoughts I am hoping to by a ton today. Thanks

oseymour
02/14/2016, 09:04 AM
I always prefer to use longer songs and it takes a couple more days before it clocks. I always use 4 inch socks in the longest size I could find.

lantonini
02/14/2016, 12:49 PM
Got ya where do you keep your heaters and probes? I have space where the water enters the sump but before the socks. I would think the cleaning of them here will be more than opposed to after the sock and say in the skimmer area.

oseymour
02/14/2016, 04:21 PM
Got ya where do you keep your heaters and probes? I have space where the water enters the sump but before the socks. I would think the cleaning of them here will be more than opposed to after the sock and say in the skimmer area.

Every sump design is different but I keep my probes in the return chamber and my heater in my skimmer chamber. If I keep my probes in the Refugium or skimmer chamber I have to clean them more often.