PDA

View Full Version : Sorry got pics of acans bleaching Help!!!

micgloth18
02/13/2016, 08:28 PM

any advise would be great, sorry for so many post couldn't quite figure out how to size down my images. Sorry bout that guys.

Go.Fish
02/14/2016, 12:08 AM
If you have any test kits now would be the time to start checking parameters and post your results. They don't look like they're bleaching to me, still retaining their color by the looks of it. Something may be off in your levels?

Dkuhlmann
02/14/2016, 07:12 AM
I'm thinking they are getting too much light. I recently upgraded my lights from the Chinese Black Box to an Ocean Revive Arctic T247. I knew they were brighter or more powerful than the CBB just by the appearance of them so I ran them at 100% blues and 50% whites. The tank looked amazing for a while. Since I take massive amounts of narcotics for my back and leg pain (going to have a 2nd spine surgery in March) I take a nap everyday around 1pm. Well my corals all looked fine when I went for my nap. When I woke up at 5 they all looked like yours do. So I immediately turned off the whites and changed the lighting schedule. They still aren't back to where they were and they were amazing. I believe two or three might actually be dead. Anyway it could be your lights causing this IF your parameters are in line. What are your parameters? Most importantly Mg, Ca and Alk.

micgloth18
02/14/2016, 04:08 PM
Are stock lights from a biocube strong enough? Those lights have been in use for about 5 to 6 months before i put them in. I did test my KH and it is 161 ppm, ammonia zero, nitrates zero, nitrites zero, my ph is always on the lower side usually 8 but it stays that way even in my tank with sps in it, it will fall to 7.8 at night on occasion. My Phosphates haven't been checked yet.
Everything seems normal in the tank except these guys. the base is turning white and they are not happy and puffy like the others. i will test my ph again and my cal and mag and post when i finish

micgloth18
02/14/2016, 04:10 PM
I should add that i have an upgraded 900mj in the back and run carbon and have a small fug in the back of the tank and a protein skimmer and heater as well. I also have a circulation pump.

Treasure Coast
02/14/2016, 04:18 PM
Are stock lights from a biocube strong enough? Those lights have been in use for about 5 to 6 months before i put them in. I did test my KH and it is 161 ppm, ammonia zero, nitrates zero, nitrites zero, my ph is always on the lower side usually 8 but it stays that way even in my tank with sps in it, it will fall to 7.8 at night on occasion. My Phosphates haven't been checked yet.
Everything seems normal in the tank except these guys. the base is turning white and they are not happy and puffy like the others. i will test my ph again and my cal and mag and post when i finish

My bet is too much light. Stock lights in Biocube are plenty for Acans. I think if you ran your blue light for a couple days (No white) they should respond.

micgloth18
02/14/2016, 04:44 PM
Calcium 420 tested today mag is 1400 tested today

micgloth18
02/14/2016, 10:53 PM
I will try it and see if it works I know i have been turning the lights on later and off earlier, so i will try that, thanks ;)

Dkuhlmann
02/15/2016, 06:56 AM
You need to lower the lights intensity!

micgloth18
02/15/2016, 10:56 AM
You need to lower the lights intensity!

I am going to set the led blues on at 11:00 and keep them on till 1. then turn the actinic lights on till 7. is that cutting it back enough of too much. I was told not to use the white lights.