PDA

View Full Version : just another newbie thing

Capt.Nemo
02/15/2016, 10:15 AM
latest oddity
the update, all fish have died, brooklynella most likely.

i am leaving tank fish free for 72 days, i can handle that.

oddity?
all fish died yes, however, there is 1 body i was unable to find for a week or so.

last night i notice a funky brown like film on top of water. in removing a gallon or so of water, thinking maybe tank was overfilled, i was sort of skimming the top. very brine like, actually staining my pitcher brown.
noticed a fishy smell?
might that be my rotting carcass that i still cant find?

all mechanicals are working and have plenty of water movement.

BTW.....new protein skimmer being added and EVERYBODY gets quarantined from now on.

peasofme
02/15/2016, 01:15 PM
live and learn. read up on leebca's fish disease forum on reefland.

Martini5788
02/15/2016, 01:46 PM
Yeah sorry about that. Happens to the best of us. Develop a really strict qt process to prevent this in the future

Capt.Nemo
02/15/2016, 06:56 PM
well I guess this post was a bust.
I wasn't looking for sympathy here. whats happened has happened, and I am past that.

I guess I was looking for a bit of reassurance as to what this film on my water was and the potential for it being a normalcy due to certain things happening in my tank.

not the "live and learn" insight masterfly passed on from the experienced aquarist. fail to see where that was a useful post in any part of the world.
so insightful and constructive. I read, I post and though I may be a newbie in the aquarium world, I am not in the world of forums.

glad I have a helpful person at the 1 LFS in my area. I received there the reassurance and validation as to what I suspected.
thank you Austin.

I will still continue to read and seek advice here as I HAVE received solid advice here before. just not from the first member above. I bet you are an insightful treat in real life.