PDA

View Full Version : Kp aquatics

Martini5788
02/15/2016, 06:06 PM
I have emailed kp aquatics multiple times, and haven't gotten a response from them. Are they on a hiatus? Has anyone else gotten a response from them recently? I don't know what the issue is.....

Dkuhlmann
02/16/2016, 04:55 AM
They're probably on vacation, this is their slow season. They sure do have very nice livestock and some of the best prices on the net! They have available some very nice red and yellow sponges I'm going to order once they have them available.

alton
02/16/2016, 06:16 AM
They are very good at returning emails, there site was marked on vacation but I can see that was removed so I am sure Kara or Philip will get back with you.

South City
02/16/2016, 07:16 AM
I love KP Aquatics and have made many purchases there. I had a similar issue about 6 months ago where they weren't responding to me. It was a technical issue where the messages that I sent through their website weren't being delivered. If you've been sending messages through their website, try emailing them directly and see if that works.

greaps
02/16/2016, 07:45 AM
There site was having problems, I had instant response through Facebook. Great company, have bought a few times through them.

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 09:32 AM
Yeah I have always had great experiences with them, which is why this was so confusing. I messaged them on Facebook, so hopefully I get a response in the next day or so.

jonespkp
02/16/2016, 09:48 AM
I emailed them this morning and received a quick response.

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 11:31 AM
What email should I use?

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 11:47 AM
So apparently they read the Facebook
Message but didn't respond? Like wth? I'm trying to buy $250 worth of livestock from you and you aren't going to respond?

jonespkp
02/16/2016, 12:24 PM
I used kpaquatics@gmail.com and kpaquatics@kpaquatics.com. Hope you get a response.

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 12:45 PM
If they don't give me a response by the end of the day, I'm done trying. This is just getting ridiculous. If this doesn't get resolved, I will no longer be recommending them. Which I have done to a large amount of people, especially in my reef club.

Dkuhlmann
02/16/2016, 01:23 PM
That's very strange

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 01:28 PM
Yes it is. I have been more than patient, they are for some unknown reason ignoring me( maybe they think that I am someone else that has somehow "wronged" them in the past??). Anyone else know of any diver companies in the keys?

SouthFla
02/16/2016, 01:31 PM
Well I'd be frustrated as well. I don't want to make excuses for them, as it IS a business. However just know they are the definition of "mom and pop" operation, with Philip and Kara doing all of the aqua culturing, diving, collecting, maintaining of their livestock, bagging, shipping and selling. A 2-person show in the extreme. Plus they are days away from a major life event which will further impact their business. But they ARE great folks, their prices are remarkably low and their livestock is superb. Sorry you've had such problems, best of luck!

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 01:36 PM
Well I'd be frustrated as well. I don't want to make excuses for them, as it IS a business. However just know they are the definition of "mom and pop" operation, with Philip and Kara doing all of the aqua culturing, diving, collecting, maintaining of their livestock, bagging, shipping and selling. A 2-person show in the extreme. Plus they are days away from a major life event which will further impact their business. But they ARE great folks, their prices are remarkably low and their livestock is superb. Sorry you've had such problems, best of luck!

Do you know them personally? I'm trying not to get offended, but when multiple people are saying that they are responding instantly to them and not me it's a bit difficult.

I am trying to support small business, this is the closest thing to a lfs so to speak for me. I am pretty much forced to order strictly online because the closets lfs to me is 1.5 hours away( that has livestock that isn't very sick)

jason2459
02/16/2016, 01:41 PM
Do you know them personally? I'm trying not to get offended, but when multiple people are saying that they are responding instantly to them and not me it's a bit difficult.

You're email may be going into a junk filter and they are not getting them. Send from a different email address if you can. Or have you tried to use their contact-us page that would skip sending an email.

http://www.kpaquatics.com/contact-us/

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 01:42 PM
You're email may be going into a junk filter and they are not getting them. Send from a different email address if you can. Or have you tried to use their contact-us page that would skip sending an email.

http://www.kpaquatics.com/contact-us/

I have tried essentially all forms of communication. I have filled out the contact us form 4 times now. And I messaged them on Facebook this morning, they read it, and did not respond.

jason2459
02/16/2016, 01:47 PM
I have tried essentially all forms of communication. I have filled out the contact us form 4 times now. And I messaged them on Facebook this morning, they read it, and did not respond.

Interesting. Is your junk/spam filter/folder blocking them and have their email?

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 02:17 PM
Interesting. Is your junk/spam filter/folder blocking them and have their email?

Checked all folders. Emails in the past have come straight to my inbox. They aren't marked as spam.

Devaji108
02/16/2016, 02:24 PM
oh man that sucks I hope you get your order in and it goes smooth I am looking forward to a pretty big order here in the coming month.

who knows what the story is. but I do hope it works out for both of you..

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 02:51 PM
Yeah it sucks because I am wanting a Florida keys yellow head jawfish and they are the only place that I can get one! All the other places online get them from Haiti or Puerto Rico which don't have the same coloring. So kp aquatics is really my only option.

Dkuhlmann
02/16/2016, 02:55 PM
Why don't you call them?

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 02:57 PM
Why don't you call them?

I don't have a phone number for them. And there isn't a number listed on the website

nmotz
02/16/2016, 03:13 PM
They have website issues every now and then. I've encountered the same kind of thing where they weren't responding for a while even though I had sent multiple messages. Just keep trying. I promise they aren't just ignoring you because they don't want to do business or something. Small companies have these kind of problems sometimes. They make up for it by being awesome in every other way!

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 03:17 PM
They have website issues every now and then. I've encountered the same kind of thing where they weren't responding for a while even though I had sent multiple messages. Just keep trying. I promise they aren't just ignoring you because they don't want to do business or something. Small companies have these kind of problems sometimes. They make up for it by being awesome in every other way!

Yeah but they would have responded to the message on Facebook after they saw it if that were the case, I would think. It's very odd and so out of character. Someone earlier in the thread hinted that they had some major life changes going on, which I understand, but I mean I messaged them the first time before Christmas( I just looked back) so I guess it's been a month and a half

nmotz
02/16/2016, 03:32 PM
Yeah I hear what you're saying, and I think if it were any other company I'd be inclined to think that there was something malicious going on. I just don't think that's the case with K&P. There are some other dealers you could try in the meantime. Have you looked at www.ccritters.com? It says they have jawfish. Not sure if they have the exact kind you're looking for or what their reputation is.

Ou8me2
02/16/2016, 05:02 PM
Yeah it sucks because I am wanting a Florida keys yellow head jawfish and they are the only place that I can get one! All the other places online get them from Haiti or Puerto Rico which don't have the same coloring. So kp aquatics is really my only option.

Not that it's a valid excuse for not answering you.. but they are out of stock on those according to the website. Someone stated above the website was stating vacation, so maybe they have a backlog of emails. Hopefully you'll get a response soon.

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 05:36 PM
Not that it's a valid excuse for not answering you.. but they are out of stock on those according to the website. Someone stated above the website was stating vacation, so maybe they have a backlog of emails. Hopefully you'll get a response soon.

Yup, in trying to see around what time
Of year they start collecting them again because I am wanting to make a pretty big order, some of which they currently have in stock and others that they don't but generally start collecting again in a few weeks.

And the website said they got back from vacation in the middle of January sometime( 16 maybe, if memory serves) , so a month ago.

Martini5788
02/16/2016, 06:10 PM
Got a response on Facebook, they haven't gotten any inquiry from me. So it's a website issue I suppose. I'm iust glad everything got worked out!

Dkuhlmann
02/16/2016, 06:31 PM
Glad to hear it :thumbsup:

Ou8me2
02/16/2016, 11:01 PM
Got a response on Facebook, they haven't gotten any inquiry from me. So it's a website issue I suppose. I'm iust glad everything got worked out!

Glad you got a response. I have ordered from them a couple times and they have always been fairly quick on responses.

alton
02/17/2016, 06:15 AM
I think they start collecting Jawfish in March? Get a pair and ask for the smallest they can collect. My wife loves hers.

Martini5788
02/17/2016, 10:48 AM
I think they start collecting Jawfish in March? Get a pair and ask for the smallest they can collect. My wife loves hers.

They said it would be mid April this year. I may wait around for a pair though