PDA

View Full Version : Where are you buying your sticks?

Cosmojo
02/17/2016, 05:40 PM
Hey guys, trying to find some places to get some nicer sticks, haven't been able to find much so far. LFS and hobbyists in my area are essentially zoas only. halp!

don't need names, don't really care much, just want some nice colors.

basser1
02/17/2016, 06:08 PM
I buy a lot of my sticks from one of RC's member..... John Copps!

I have not been disappointed!

toothybugs
02/17/2016, 06:08 PM
Rudy Batara (Golden Basket) has been good to me. I get my modestly fancier stuff from him, but there are a few other guys in the **** Auctions on Facebook that have some really hot stuff.

Pete_the_Puma
02/17/2016, 07:40 PM
Adam at Battlecorals has been outstanding. You can always get him on the phone if you have any questions or want to know when something will be available. Sometimes throws in a little extra to the order as well.

Highly recommended. Just google battlecorals.

iReef1234
02/18/2016, 08:42 AM
Do people here prefer to buy from other RC members or from online stores/LFS?

I've been oogling House of Sticks' frags.

Tweaked
02/18/2016, 10:53 AM
If you have ever dealt with AEFWs, your bum gets real tight when it comes to purchasing acros. :eek2:

Wazzel
02/18/2016, 11:03 AM
I got mine from Battlecorals and local reefers. Recently I have been come a local supplier since my tank is full.

Wazzel
02/18/2016, 04:58 PM
If you have ever dealt with AEFWs, your bum gets real tight when it comes to purchasing acros. :eek2:

Just the idea gets me up tight. I have not added a coral in a long time and do not plan to at this point in time. I got a couple of things stashed in the frag tank waiting for the 120, but no new pieces into my system.

Piper27
02/19/2016, 05:51 AM
I don't worry about aefw although I am extremely mindful and digilent with any acros. I have had them before and learned how to get rid of them really well. I am not scared of pests because it ruins the fun of the hobby. I love wild across and have noticed aefw in and on more reefers corals than on orders for wilds. Now that I have come to realize how pests are just a part of the game, looking at my tank becomes so much more relaxing.

Galaxyreef
03/08/2016, 05:54 PM
Tony over at ReefRaft

dkeller_nc
03/09/2016, 02:12 PM
I'm quite lucky to have a very high-functioning LFS that directly imports from Bali and various other operations in Indonesia, so I haven't had to purchase anything other than WYSIWYG.

If you've a large system and can take a box of acros at once (and properly quarantine them), you can get whole colonies from livestockusa.org. If you wish to avoid the "named coral" game, then buying from hobbyists at your local reef club is the way to go.