PDA

View Full Version : Neptune Apex Outlet Without Fallback Statement

Harry Muscle
02/18/2016, 08:00 PM
What happens when no fallback statement is used on an outlet on the Neptune Apex controller?

Does the outlet state (on or off) simply stay the same as it was the last time the outlet was able to communicate with the main unit? If the outlet subsequently loses power and gains it back (but still doesn't have communication with the main unit), would the state still be the same or would it be unknown?

Thanks,
Harry

MondoBongo
02/19/2016, 02:05 PM
so i'm having a much more difficult time answering this than i thought, but it appears that, yes, it would just maintain its previous state.

i'm mainly basing that off this thread on the apex forum:

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?2956-fallback-vs-set

Harry Muscle
02/19/2016, 03:48 PM
so i'm having a much more difficult time answering this than i thought, but it appears that, yes, it would just maintain its previous state.

i'm mainly basing that off this thread on the apex forum:

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?2956-fallback-vs-set
Thanks. It seems like my question isn't actually answered anywhere ... weird cause I would have thought others would want to know the answer also.

Thanks,
Harry

ca1ore
02/19/2016, 10:40 PM
I would think that in the event the control unit failed, all outlets without a Fallback statement would stay in whatever state they were in when the failure occurred. Easy enough to test it. Just disconnect one of the power bars and see.

Is this just an academic questions? I can see no good reason not to use a fallback statement.

Harry Muscle
02/20/2016, 08:39 AM
I would think that in the event the control unit failed, all outlets without a Fallback statement would stay in whatever state they were in when the failure occurred. Easy enough to test it. Just disconnect one of the power bars and see.

Is this just an academic questions? I can see no good reason not to use a fallback statement.
Actually I'm hoping to use this with a latching outlet where I don't want the state of the outlet to change when communication is lost with the main unit.

I'm currently planning all of the commands before actually implementing things so I'm not yet in a position to actually try it out.

Thanks,
Harry