PDA

View Full Version : Revive or something else?

Heatherabel3
02/20/2016, 11:54 PM
What does everyone suggest for coral dip? I hear good things about Revive. One of the LFS guys around here said to use Bayer Insect spray like you get at home Depot but you can't dip softies, zoas or euphyllia in it so that seems kinda pointless to me and I would prefer to get something that I can use all the time. Anyway, I picked up several pieces at an event today and I have them in quarantine where they will stay for a week or so while I watch for bugs and bad guys but was wondering if there is a dip that people seem to prefer over others?

MMacro
02/21/2016, 02:15 AM
I would say that revive is fairly weak compared to other brands. The one that I always recomment to people is Coral RX.

Dkuhlmann
02/21/2016, 02:52 AM
The purpose of Revive isn't to kill parasites, it's more of a coral cleaner if you will. Using Bayer and Coral RX or similar are for parasites. Revive is an excellent product and one that I use often and highly recommend. I have no need for bug dips for my corals since the guy I buy them from does the Bayer dip when he receives them.