PDA

View Full Version : One of my hermits died?

Bphilpott15
02/26/2016, 12:46 PM
One of my hermits has died I found it with its leg sticking out the sand out of its shell and was dead but the other one and two snails are all fine what could be the reason for this?

ezerasurfr
02/26/2016, 12:50 PM
Sounds like he was called to the golden shell in the sky. (I wouldn't get too attached to your invert CUC - they'll end up dying all the time.)

Once your tank is really established, many of your inverts will spawn in the tank or sump thus replenishing some of the dead loss. Nothing too much to worry about though. Once or twice a year I usually pickup another CUC crew.

Bphilpott15
02/26/2016, 12:57 PM
Sounds like he was called to the golden shell in the sky. (I wouldn't get too attached to your invert CUC - they'll end up dying all the time.)

Once your tank is really established, many of your inverts will spawn in the tank or sump thus replenishing some of the dead loss. Nothing too much to worry about though. Once or twice a year I usually pickup another CUC crew.

Haha I suppose the other one can get a new home now, is there any reason why they just perish?