PDA

View Full Version : Skims recirculating biopellets reactor.

Chas19
02/27/2016, 02:32 PM
Just picked up this reactor and got it hooked up last night. I was using a CPR tumbler since starting biopellets back in November and I haven't been happy with my nitrate decrease. There was no way to have the discharge go to the intake of my NYOS skimmer. Hoping this will work better have the discharge directed right to the intake of my skimmer.

I haven't seen any reviews or anyone else using this yet.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/rr93-recirculating-biopellet-reactor-skimz.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAr8W2BRD2qbCOv8_H7qEBEiQA1ErTBvs4xv24aefTfHM4IQIWbi8HT_8dToRE2Gf1vHON-YMaAthO8P8HAQ

NewJack
04/07/2016, 06:00 PM
tagging along, I just bought one too. haven't hooked it up yet, but would like to hear some reviews or experiences with it.

lafanblue
05/03/2016, 02:56 PM
Bump... How is this working out for you guys?

NewJack
05/03/2016, 05:56 PM
mines been up running for about a month, nitrate levels haven't moved up or down, I'm still slowly trying to get the right amount of bio pellets in, I've been adding 1/2 cup every 10 days. The first 2 weeks, the reactor would contantly clog up. Had to keep pulling it off line to clean out a "snot" like substance. The clogging has since slowed, maybe the bacteria is starting to work, but nitrate numbers are the same as before. Still don't know if this thing works or not.