PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Bullet-Like Growth

Frontier
03/01/2016, 09:01 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=10595&pictureid=74075

My LFS has had this on the "do not sell" rack for a long while. It was part of a larger colony that they sold a long while back. They kept two small pieces and have one in a display tank and this one. They are making room for some stuff and I had my eye on it for a while due to the interesting growth pattern that I don't believe I've seen before.

Anyhow, the owner sold it to me. He told me that this is a "Blue Del Fuego". He also said that it grows very slowly and does not form tall branches but stays lower and almost seems to encrust a bit more than a tabling Acro.

It doesn't look like any Tierra Del Fuego Acro that I've ever seen and I can't find anything online that looks like this so I thought I would check here with the experts to get a positive ID. I can't wait to see what it looks like once it colors up.

Thanks in advance!

ajcanale
03/01/2016, 11:55 AM
Acropora hollowpoint. :uzi::lolspin:

Seriously its gonna need to grow out some before an accurate ID.

Frontier
03/04/2016, 02:21 PM
I was told that the large colony was essentially the same and encrusts and grows exactly like this small frag. So have you seen anything like this that will help me narrow it down you guys?

Frontier
03/04/2016, 02:27 PM
Acropora hollowpoint. :uzi::lolspin:

Seriously its gonna need to grow out some before an accurate ID.

When it grows out, I'll call it "High Capacity Rockin' Hollow Point" Acropora and offer individual bullet frags for sale to subscribers of the coral pricing thread. :frog:

EDIT - You get 5% of course for originating the name. I'm a fair guy...

EDIT2- Full Carbonate Jacket?