PDA

View Full Version : How are you liking your Doser 2?

d2mini
03/02/2016, 12:09 PM
I think I'm going to run Triton on the new tank so I will have to give up my lovely CaRx in favor of a dosing pump.
Would like to hear how you guys are liking your Doser 2 after some real use.

doggydoc
03/02/2016, 01:00 PM
I love it. No complaints here. Havent had any issues at all. Using it for my denitrator and to add magnesium.

reefwiser
03/02/2016, 01:43 PM
no issues with mine I use it for Balling Method and it just works.

lighthouze08
03/03/2016, 12:20 PM
no issue with mine, i set it and forget it

d2mini
03/03/2016, 07:01 PM
What about the Slave vs the Stand Alone?
Since I have the Profilux I wouldn't need the stand alone version.
Then again, I think it's only around $50 difference?
So would it make sense to just get the SA version? A couple advantages I can think of...
1) Extra Level port
2) Extra Temp port
3) Better resale value
4) If anything happens to my Profilx, I can still control the doser

Meanwhile, if I wasn't using any of that extra stuff just yet, the SA still functions exactly the same as the Slave, correct? No disadvantage for a Profilux owner to run the SA Doser 2?

doggydoc
03/04/2016, 05:33 AM
What about the Slave vs the Stand Alone?
Since I have the Profilux I wouldn't need the stand alone version.
Then again, I think it's only around $50 difference?
So would it make sense to just get the SA version? A couple advantages I can think of...
1) Extra Level port
2) Extra Temp port
3) Better resale value
4) If anything happens to my Profilx, I can still control the doser

Meanwhile, if I wasn't using any of that extra stuff just yet, the SA still functions exactly the same as the Slave, correct? No disadvantage for a Profilux owner to run the SA Doser 2?

Agree.
If I can go back I would get the SA version

anthonyexmouth
03/06/2016, 06:37 AM
can the SA me used in slave mode yet? i heard it might be in a firmware patch but cant find any info. i'm keen on getting a profilux controller in the future but wanna dose now. would be nice if i could link it later.

GQuinn
03/06/2016, 08:03 AM
Is it possible to use the stand alone doser 2 if you do not have a Profilux controller?

anthonyexmouth
03/06/2016, 08:08 AM
Is it possible to use the stand alone doser 2 if you do not have a Profilux controller?

yes, thats why its called the stand alone version. no controller needed

Jerel
03/06/2016, 10:12 AM
can the SA me used in slave mode yet? i heard it might be in a firmware patch but cant find any info. i'm keen on getting a profilux controller in the future but wanna dose now. would be nice if i could link it later.

The Standalone Doser 2 gained support to be used in Slave Mode two weeks ago. You'll need to download and install GCC 1.0.8.2, update profiLux to FW6.25 and Doser 2 to FW1.17.

Keep in mind that this is their first release for this function.

anthonyexmouth
03/06/2016, 10:50 AM
The Standalone Doser 2 gained support to be used in Slave Mode two weeks ago. You'll need to download and install GCC 1.0.8.2, update profiLux to FW6.25 and Doser 2 to FW1.17.

Keep in mind that this is their first release for this function.

thats cool to know, defo swaying towards the ghl kit now instead of neptune. makes it a "slightly" more affordable route buying the stand alone now knowing it can integrate when i can afford the profilux controller.