PDA

View Full Version : Will I have an issue?

zchauvin
03/06/2016, 07:02 PM
Having to go from my 2' tank to a 10g. Largest tank permitted by my apt complex, can anyone see an issue with the following - zoanthid, Acan, lobo, blasto, leathers, Xenia, and Symphyllia all in very close proximity. What in experience will sting what. I have two clowns and a banner Cardinal right now. What needs to go and what can stay? Thanks

Moray26
03/06/2016, 07:18 PM
I see your biggest issues being to maintain parameters. When I had my 10g id be filling it with fresh water daily and that's with a glass lid. However you could pull off the corals if you place them properly. Most of those corals wouldn't cause an issue. Now with the fish. 3 fish in a 10g is a lot and will make those parameters very difficult. Maybe stick with two?

zchauvin
03/06/2016, 07:25 PM
Well I sold everything off but I did keep my ATO unit so the water parameters will be stable and I also do a 5g water change every weekend. I was thinking one fish maybe two at the most. I just want to make sure if I cram all these coral into the tank that I won't have issues with them killing each other off.

I was kind of considering returning all three fish and getting one single chromis. I love the color of them and they tend to be a mid level swimmer. The clowns will probably get too big and they are just regular percs, and the banner stays in the corner until feeding time and then darts around to eat so I can't see that being a good habit in a 12" tank plus he is a full grown and quite large.

I currently have Lobos and blastomussa both being touched by zoanthid and are ok. I just don't know if the lobo and Acan will sting each other or how the acans would do near zoanthid or blasto. I'm sure the Xenia and leathers I want can be next to any of them.

Fitz19d
03/06/2016, 09:03 PM
Acan's are known for having stingers iirc if point blank with something. Don't usually see them but there's pics of them annihilating stuff. I'd perhaps try to figure out a way to put the more passive stuff more close toghether and get at least a couple inches or more for the more aggressive stuff. Possibly get more rock if it lets you make more levels/tiers of coral.

Or just trim back a little.

zchauvin
03/06/2016, 09:17 PM
Alright will do thanks