PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Corals for nano that won't grow like weeds?

Scottshopinc
03/09/2016, 11:29 AM
Hi, what would be done good colorful corals that I could keep and won't need to be fraged or grow uncomfortable? I have read gps/xnia, and mushrooms make great start corals but can grow rampant. This will be my first attempt at keeping corals and I don't want to jump into fragging too soon. Thanks for any help.

soulpatch
03/09/2016, 01:17 PM
really any LPS are fine. You would want to stick clear of zoas and palys as well if you want to maintain spacing.

Some hardy ones I have had survive various issues are my torch, hammers, and acans.

CafeReef
03/09/2016, 02:29 PM
I agree with soulpatch. You can get some amazing zoa gardens going.

jcreeftankguy
03/10/2016, 12:13 AM
Ephullia are nice but require good water quality. Brain corals are always beautiful additions. I think there should be a nice zoa patch in every tank. If you're worried about coral filling I too quickly keep it on the sandbed or the walls.

micgloth18
03/14/2016, 11:27 AM
Bubble coral grows slow, mushrooms are easy and great to care for. I love the variety that they have in color and texture. mmm... Branching montipora is a great coral that is easy to keep and it would be faster than most but not to fast. montipora capricornis however might be a bit of a fast grower. Frogspawn and hammers are great. You can get them in pink, green and gold. the Australian torch coral is an awesome coral one of my favorites. Plate corals are a great option as well. You can get some cheap small frags from saltcritters.com They have acans out the butt. and some torches as well. Vividaquariums has some great ones too. my zoas don't grow crazy fast but they do grow. Stay away from Green star polyps and xenia, they will overtake you tank

michellejy
03/29/2016, 03:24 AM
I am a partial to ricordea and duncans.

donut0079
03/29/2016, 05:20 AM
I would suggest that if you go in the direction of a euphyllia coral to lean toward the branching types. The wall versions are harder to frag and more vulnerable to brown jelly.