PDA

View Full Version : 57 gallon deep blue rimless build

Snake Guy
03/10/2016, 04:16 PM
Good afternoon reef central and welcome to my first post on this board and my first build.

First a little about myself I am a 41 year old male who makes his living breeding snakes and rodents out of a small facility in New Hampshire. It can be a tedious job but I do really enjoy it and do quite well with it. My wife and I are not new to aquariums at all as we have several planted and freshwater tanks already. I have been interested in doing a reef tank for quite some time now and have been doing research for well over a year now and have spent many hours reading posts on this very forum.

OK lets get to it

A guy my brother works with was desperate for money this week and offered my brother a broke down set up for $200 it included a tank stand light sump and skimmer I will give details in a bit knowing my interest in saltwater he jumped on the deal (hopefully a good one) after making sure the tank held water.

So here are the specs
Tank: Deep Blue 57 Gallon rimless with center overflow (I feel worth the $200 by itself)
Stand: homebuilt out of a new kitchen cabinet (kind of ugly but works for now)
Light: Odyssea 36" 406W Metal Halide System Advance Plus has 1 20k HQI 250 watt halide 4 Actinic 39watt T5 and 8 LED bluemoon accents (need to replace leds only 1 set works $12)
Sump: Not sure on manufacturer but 20 long size with 4 chambers
Skimmer: Coralife Super Skimmer with Pump 65Gal

So as work commences I will be posting up pics I am always open to advice and if I'm doing something wrong just let me know (nicely please) remember I am new to the reef world

Thank You
Shawn

Devaji108
03/11/2016, 09:05 AM
welcome to RC!
the 57 are nice tanks for sure I was thinking about one a few months back to..
keep us posted!