PDA

View Full Version : Rodi well water question

fernalfer
03/11/2016, 03:48 PM
Ok so this is my setup. Going well water through a booster pump and then through my RODI 4 stage BRS unit but not through the DI Resin part of the filtration. I will Put the RO part of the water in a brute container where it will get an airstone to get rid of the CO2 in my well water. The i will use a pump to pump the RO water from the 1st container thru the DI Resin portion of the filtration into the 2nd brute container. Trying to save from going thru the DI so quickly.

Can someone please tell me how to read the output of the water on the RO side. Do you just move the TDS monitor to the last one outputting the water in the chain?. So in my case right after the 3rd stage.

Koop
03/11/2016, 05:07 PM
That sound right.

I am in the same boat. Did you test for co2?

What pump will you use to push from brute through DI?

fernalfer
03/11/2016, 05:19 PM
That sound right.

I am in the same boat. Did you test for co2?

What pump will you use to push from brute through DI?

I did not test i'm just assuming it is high. I bought the cobalt mj-1200 to pump thru the DI. Someone on here does it this way and is sending the fittings he used to go from the 1/2 inch out of the pump to convert to the 1/4 inch mur-lock fittings of the DI

stiltman
03/21/2016, 07:48 PM
I'm in the same boat. I need that fitting as well. Would anyone be able to post a link to such a gizmo?

stiltman
03/23/2016, 07:26 AM
Anyone...anyone...Bueller....

cedwards04
12/22/2017, 08:35 AM
Bump to the top, I know it's old but I will be in the same boat soon...

mcgyvr
12/22/2017, 10:14 AM
Bump to the top, I know it's old but I will be in the same boat soon...

What is it you want exactly?

Any fitting you need is usually available at your local hardware store/Home Depot/Lowes/Menards or whatever..

You can simply take the pieces in and cobble up whatever you need..

If you are very detailed about exactly what you need we can post a link to the suitable part but there hasn't been enough detail yet to provide a proper link that isn't a total guess..
Something like "I need to adapt from 1/2" ID vinyl tubing to 1/4" OD tubing" would be sufficient/detailed enough. FYI.. ID = inside diameter, OD = outside diameter

Nick30G
12/22/2017, 10:27 AM
I have a well with a 4 stage RODI system with a booster pump... I go through my DI resin quite slow which is great. I have so far made over 50 gallons of water and only 30% of the resin is depleted. IMO getting rid of "CO2" is not needed.

hkgar
12/22/2017, 02:01 PM
Here are a couple pics of my setup. Prior to de-gassing I went through 1 cartridge every 100 gallons (1 month). Now 1 cartridge lasts 14 months (1400 gallons).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gbhn28Of5oKUJO4I2