PDA

View Full Version : flatworm removal question.

spsfreak25
03/11/2016, 07:40 PM
Ok so my mother got flatworms from petco when see got a coral from them and now she has them where they are noticeable. I will be dosing flatworm exit in a couple days and just wondering if I can just have them all drain into a filter sock on her drain line then remove the filter sock after say like 30min? At the same time run carbon heavily to combat the toxins from them. She don't have tons of them there is just a few here and there, but I want to catch them before they get out of hand. I know it says to suck them out as they die but where as I have a bad back I can not be bending over for that long. So I'm hoping this way will be good let me know what you guys think.

Dkuhlmann
03/11/2016, 07:54 PM
I prefer not to use any chemicals in my tank for any reason. What size tank does she have? Maybe get one of the wrasses that will eat them. Wrasses are one of the most enjoyable fish IMO and IME. Fish choice will depend on her tank size and what's in it.

But to answer your question, yes you will be fine.

spsfreak25
03/11/2016, 08:01 PM
It's a 28 g nano cube. I have my yellow corris in there now I think that's what's keeping them at bay for now, but I don't want him to stay in there for ever lol. And yes I have her tank built with a sump I custom made it so she has a sump.