PDA

View Full Version : Guam Reefers

HaloMedic07
03/13/2016, 09:08 PM
Not sure if I'm putting this in the right place... But here goes... Living in Guam and finding out real quick how hard it is to start a saltwater tank here. LFS doesn't really stock live rock and taking from the ocean is illegal... Wondering if anyone locally or who has lived here in the past has any tips and tricks on curing your own live rock or if anyone has a tank with extra live rock? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

chefbill
03/14/2016, 02:34 AM
I can't help you but I spent 18 months on Guam in the Marine Corps. I would love to go back for a week but not another 18 months

NySharkBait
03/14/2016, 09:57 AM
Spent 3 years there. Lovely assignment. I'd suggest finding dry rock. Guams full of it

HaloMedic07
03/14/2016, 03:18 PM
Thanks I appreciate the suggestion... Just do like a fish less cure? Guess I'm going to have to be even more patient than normal!!!

It is beautiful here. Not perfect by any means but definitely enjoying it

CPaul
06/24/2016, 12:03 PM
Hi, my family and I will be coming to Guam in about a month. I would like to start a reef when I get there, but so far I have not found any salt water fish or equipment shops there. Have you found any? I am bringing my 125 fresh water but was hoping to buy a Reef Keeper 525 XL when I got there.