PDA

View Full Version : Sump Question

KevinsHVAC
03/14/2016, 11:03 AM
I am trying to figure out a better way to dump my drains in to my sump. My sump currently is 8ft x 3ft x 16." My filter socks are 7" x 16" I have tossed up building another box to sit on top of my current sump OR add an additional tank beside it that sits up 8 to 10" taller and then have 8 3" bulkheads going between the 2 tanks....is this a good idea or not? Will 8 3" bulkheads be enough to move almost 8,000 gph.....I have 6 2" drains. Please see this very detailed pic I just drew up....:lolspin:

KevinsHVAC
03/14/2016, 11:45 AM
I am trying to figure out a better way to dump my drains in to my sump. My sump currently is 8ft x 3ft x 16." My filter socks are 7" x 16" I have tossed up building another box to sit on top of my current sump OR add an additional tank beside it that sits up 8 to 10" taller and then have 8 3" bulkheads going between the 2 tanks....is this a good idea or not? Will 8 3" bulkheads be enough to move almost 8,000 gph.....I have 6 2" drains. Please see this very detailed pic I just drew up....:lolspin:

By looking at this chart would it be safe to say that even 8 2" bulk heads would suffice? I guess its more of a matter of will it work how I drew it out?

https://flexpvc.com/Reference/WaterFlowBasedOnPipeSize.shtml