PDA

View Full Version : Hoeven's wrasse with another wrasse?

EthanHawaii
03/14/2016, 11:07 AM
Hi, I currently have a 4 inch hoevens wrasse and two clowns and a yellow watchman goby. I'm wondering if I could keep another wrasse with the hoevens? it would be my last fish. I was thinking a six line but I did a bit of research and I don't think that would work. Is there any wrasse that would be compatible? My tank is a 55 gallon reef tank with anemone and other corals.

Thank you very much,
Ethan

heathlindner25
03/20/2016, 06:38 AM
I've never had a Hoeven , but in my 40 breeder I have a blue star leopard, black spot leopard, Dusky, and a twistii . I also put them in in that order and they have been together for almost 2 years now.hth

jgraz
03/23/2016, 05:24 AM
You could add pretty much any other wrasse you want with that Hoevens wrasse. Not sure why you think a six-line won't work. Unless your worried that the six line would be the problem. In my current Dt I have a full grown hoevens, 6-line, and a exquisite. the hoeven was first and they pay no mind to each other at all.

EthanHawaii
03/26/2016, 12:22 PM
Thank you, the reason I don't want to add a six line is because my LFS said they will be very aggressive towards the hoevens and I don't want to take the chance. I'm looking at some wrasses right now and will let you guys know when I decide.

3dees
03/27/2016, 11:14 AM
my sixline and hoevens have been together for two years and get along fine. also had a yellow coris with them until it went carpet surfing while I had the screen top off.

EthanHawaii
03/27/2016, 11:46 AM
Ok, well maybe I will try a six line.

Thanks!

golferbud101691
03/27/2016, 04:26 PM
A six line could get aggressive with your other fish, not necessarily with other wrasses. If you already have a hovens, anything from the (Halichoeres) family will be fine. Most six lines just have a bossy personality.

EthanHawaii
03/28/2016, 11:20 AM
Ok, good to know.