PDA

View Full Version : Fish moved multiply times

walleyebum
03/15/2016, 09:35 AM
I recently got a tang from a seller that was moved 2 twice before I got him. So in total he was moved 3 times in a week. He has ich now but i'm guessing its from all the moving stress. My question is that I have him in a quarantine tank now and should I wait a week before I dose copper just to let him relax? He also eats great.

Shivsreef
03/15/2016, 11:28 AM
If he has ich you'd want to ideally treat straight away as in one week he might pass away. Also try Ttm instead of copper as this seems to stress the fish out less. Also what Tang is it jw.

CedzAquAddictio
03/15/2016, 11:47 AM
I'd vote to wait at least until the fish has started eating. Hopefully that won't take a week. Most ich treatments have been known to effect appetite. You would increase your chances by having an eating specimen going into treatment.

Of course, there are risks either way....

walleyebum
03/15/2016, 01:41 PM
He is eating great, that's why I figured I would wait the week.

MondoBongo
03/15/2016, 02:29 PM
I recently got a tang from a seller that was moved 2 twice before I got him. So in total he was moved 3 times in a week. He has ich now but i'm guessing its from all the moving stress. My question is that I have him in a quarantine tank now and should I wait a week before I dose copper just to let him relax? He also eats great.

ich is caused by a parasite, not by stress.

the stress may have helped weaken his immune system, or it might have had no effect, but it didn't cause ich.

thegrun
03/15/2016, 05:24 PM
I also vote to start the tank transfer right away (and treat with Prazipro at the same time for flukes).

HefeWeizen
03/15/2016, 05:39 PM
Soak nori in sell on and garlic. That should help a bit. It will help boost his immune system.

gone fishin
03/15/2016, 05:54 PM
I also vote to start the tank transfer right away (and treat with Prazipro at the same time for flukes).

I agree as well