PDA

View Full Version : LED Lighting Decision Time

htsteve
03/17/2016, 06:50 AM
The cabinet for my 160 mixed reef aquarium will be ready next week. So I now need to finalize the lighting.

There will be a 14" canopy, with a flip up front. I plan to do primarily LED's, and supplementing it with some T5 retrokits.

The tank has bracing on it that divide the tank into three sections: 24x24 in the middle, and 18x24 on the sides. Tank depth will be 26". I've decided to do an LED unit in each section.

The poll has the three choices I've narrowed down too. Please vote, and let me know any thoughts or wisdom.

Primary drivers for me are performance for mixed reef, ability to adjust and quiet operation.

Devaji108
03/17/2016, 11:33 AM
if I have a canopy on the tank I would consider a DIY Led array along with the T5 your all set. are you running a controller? then you have can ramp up down each channel.
might not be a customizable but would safe some $$

as far as the list you have that is a tough one.. eh. I say the Xr15 the kessil shimmer is to much for me. and I like shimmer. ok have not seen one in person but watched alot of vids.

another option is the new reefbreeders photon V2 might be worth looking it to..maybe one long light?

just some ideas. good luck!