PDA

View Full Version : Aquatic life internal mini skimmer trouble

Tg822
03/17/2016, 01:29 PM
Hey all, I'm running into a bit of trouble with the aquatic life internal mini protein skimmer 115. After fighting the skimmer for an hour I finally placed it how I liked it (in my 29g coralline bio cube). And it didn't turn on. Got a replacement motor from aquatic life and it seems to be missing the little plastic fan piece that fits in the opening of the motor. When plugged in I can hear this one humming but doesn't show any other signs of it actually working. Tested it in water to see if it works once submerged and still get nothing. I've seen the mod videos on making the skimmers quieter so I know it should be making more noise! What am I doing wrong?

GimpyFin
03/17/2016, 01:50 PM
The pump that's in this skimmer can be a little temperamental at times. I've had it do literally nothing when plugged in, only to open the front of the pump and just remove/reseat the wheel, re-assemble and voila! You'll know once it's on and working. May or may not help in this case, but you could try it out.

Tg822
03/17/2016, 02:32 PM
I feel so silly.. I just figured it out. I yanked the fan part out of e old and shoved it into the new motor and it started spinning! Then stopped.. So I jiggled it around and it started again.. Grr. Now I'm fighting to get it placed correctly. Fun! Thanks for your reply :-)