PDA

View Full Version : resovoir for ATO switches program

victorcan
03/17/2016, 09:01 PM
HI guys I could really use some help with this apex.
I have 2 switches in my resovoir tank (30 gallon)
Switch #2 is Bottom and Switch#1 is top.
I keep getting it working right and then it gos nuts and doesnt function properly after a few days.
This is what I just commanded and seems to be working

If Sw2 OPEN Then ON
If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF

But I had it set up using the same thing but reversed before and like i say it worked for a fill then started turning on after every time switch#1 dropped below the fill line???? thus constantly adding junk water
If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Sw2 OPEN Then ON

does it make a difference as far as the order of the command? I tried setting the Set OFF command at the beginning but then wouldnt turn on?
Did simply reversing the order correct the problem? or am i missing something else?
Any help on this is really appreciated as I am leaving to go out of town for a couple weeks and dont want everything to be dead when i get back :(

dabob79
03/18/2016, 08:33 AM
HI guys I could really use some help with this apex.
I have 2 switches in my resovoir tank (30 gallon)
Switch #2 is Bottom and Switch#1 is top.
I keep getting it working right and then it gos nuts and doesnt function properly after a few days.
This is what I just commanded and seems to be working

If Sw2 OPEN Then ON
If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF

But I had it set up using the same thing but reversed before and like i say it worked for a fill then started turning on after every time switch#1 dropped below the fill line???? thus constantly adding junk water
If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Sw2 OPEN Then ON

does it make a difference as far as the order of the command? I tried setting the Set OFF command at the beginning but then wouldnt turn on?
Did simply reversing the order correct the problem? or am i missing something else?
Any help on this is really appreciated as I am leaving to go out of town for a couple weeks and dont want everything to be dead when i get back :(

I would use a virtual outlet to control what Sw2 does, then write my ATO reservoir top-off program accordingly. How long does it take your ATO reservoir to fill from empty? Let's assume that is 60 minutes, give or take. I would do the below:

Virtual outlet SW2_Cntrl:

Set OFF
If Sw2 OPEN Then On
Min Time 060:00 Then On

This sets the virtual outlet "ON" for 60 minutes as soon as it registers Sw2 as "Open". Next, your ATO reservoir filling program:

Set OFF
If SW2_Cntrl ON Then ON
If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

This starts your ATO filling as soon as the Sw2 virtual program goes on, then stops it filling once Sw1 reads "CLOSED". The "Min Time" command ensures the ATO filling program doesn't try to kick on again as soon as Sw1 opens again before the Sw2 virtual program ends it's 60 minute run time. Simply adjust the times as necessary for your application and that should do it. I may be over-complicating it a bit, but I think that's the way I would do it just to make sure it ran correctly. Try it out and let me know what you think.

victorcan
03/19/2016, 12:37 AM
Wow Im having difficulty with the real outlet I know nothing of virtual outlets LOL.
it takes roughly 6 hours to fill the reservoir.

dabob79
03/21/2016, 08:42 AM
Setting up virtual outlets is pretty easy, check out the manual. Basically you're adding an EB4 or EB8, just not with the physical outlets. Virtual outlets are used basically as sub-programs, since Apex programming is limited with simple "If" and "Then" commands.

drillsar
03/22/2016, 07:42 PM
Virtual outlets the way to go:

here is mine:

Ato_low Virtual Outlet
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw4 CLOSED Then ON
If Sw4 OPEN Then OFF
Defer 000:15 Then ON

Sump_Low Virtual Outlet
Fallback OFF