PDA

View Full Version : Recommended settings for Jebao RW 15

niladride
03/18/2016, 12:59 AM
Hi all,

I have bought a Jebao RW15 wave maker for my 110 gallons display tank. But even at 60-70% power, with W1 mode, it seems a tide has come and I am afraid that the aquarium will be able to hold the pressure or not.

It has got lots of modes, I will get rocks (dry rocks) today and sand today. Hence, cycling should start from today itself or tomorrow (depends on when I return home).

Please suggest me what settings should I use during cycling / getting the live stock. I am a bit confused as there are so much settings. I am going through the English manual (The manual came with box is in Chinese). In the mean time, any help/guidance will be really nice.

Thanks,

Niladri.

Dkuhlmann
03/18/2016, 05:31 AM
Honestly all you can do is experiment with all settings and see what works best in your tank. There are a lot of factors that change from tank to tank and no two are the same. Us your time during the cycle to get it dialed in to your liking. It may be that only 25% more or less is enough, and all of the different modes do different things, so ya just play around with it and see what you come up with.

toothybugs
03/18/2016, 06:39 AM
Exactly. Take your time and systematically see what each setting does with different power levels and speed settings. It took me about 15-20 minutes to find what I liked and what was working in my tank at first, then after a day or two I tweaked the setting again.

Using the stock controller is relatively easy. I found I had better control when I used a JBWave controller with mine (now it's actually quiet!) but seemingly infinitely more settings, and I still tweak them now and again over a year later.

niladride
03/19/2016, 12:49 PM
Thanks to both of you for reply. Right now using the wave maker in W2 mode with full power.

The controller you have said other than stock controller, I have to buy separately?