PDA

View Full Version : Taming the Omega 130

03/18/2016, 10:33 AM
So I've got my 130 working pretty well, but it suffers from inconsistent skimming. Part of that is probably because my tank is too small and/or my bioload is too low, but looking at the way the bubbles are in the body, I think part of the problem is probably air draw. I get large bubbles near the top of the body, and am wondering how to tune it to achieve a smaller sized even foam. I have the air turned down as much as the skimmer by itself will let me, as much more and it just overflows constantly. Would adding a small ball valve or needle valve to the air intake and closing it down a little more help in my case?

moondoggy4
03/18/2016, 12:37 PM
Lots of threads on this skimmer, but yes you are correct less air so something that is easy to use to change the air flow + or-. Have you tried lowering the bubble rise on the skimmer?

03/18/2016, 02:12 PM
Bubble rise as in where the bubbles sit in the body? Yes live lowered it to where I get a semi-dark wet skim. Much lower and I've found the inconsistent skimming leads to little actually making it into the cup.