PDA

View Full Version : new maxima

frog.pauley
03/18/2016, 03:06 PM
Just got a new baby maxima in today courtesy of ORA. Was wondering how long do clams usually take to settle in? I imagine it would take some time for it to settle down, but my tang will not let it open. It is so interested, doesnt pick or anything just swinms over it and cause it to retract....constantly!

It came in with nothing attached to the foot. maybe 2 1/2" tip to tip. It has not opened all the way that I have seen today. Just my impatience getting the best of me?

kfisc
03/20/2016, 02:53 PM
How is it doing now (two days later)? They can take several days to settle, but the tang annoying it is troubling. Hopefully the tang has lost interest, but you may face a difficult choice. Personally, I'd keep the clam.

borg
04/07/2016, 12:53 AM
Tang should not be interested in the clam , unless there is some algae growing on its shell ?? otherwise the first time tang got close it would of reliased that its not food , espically once the clam slams the door on the tangs foot ! ... let us know how u went

vashawn
04/21/2016, 11:22 AM
my clam attached itself to the rock in 1 day. i guess it loved the placement, waterflow and light.
and your tang just probably picking on the algae if there s any on the shell
any updates?