PDA

View Full Version : {can i put a few LPS in SPS tank?} this question is asking from my girl..

choicelife
03/19/2016, 02:48 AM
{can i put a few LPS in SPS tank?}
got another question for you guys ....this question is asking from my girl..

she has a strong feeling about LPS, but our home can put one tank only..

so, she compromise with SPS tank. but she still want to put a few LPS in this tank.

please tell me is that possible ? or if you have an experience please share some info. thanks a lot!

i have 3 little question,cuz i don't know where i can find in this forums.
if you have time ~ plz send the link. really appreciate!

question 1:where i can find some SPS tank layout picture . my tank will come to my home on Apr. early . urgent !

question 2: where i can find the catalog about the reef。i want to use some PS skill to design a final layout. and make it happen.

question 3: is there an Instant Message APP that can chat on it? can anyone recommend one or two names? i expect about group chat~

karimwassef
03/19/2016, 03:01 AM
why not?

there are plenty of mixed reefs.. including nature.

Treasure Coast
03/19/2016, 04:07 AM
Sure, LPS will be easier then SPS and makes a nice contrast.

AcroNewbie
03/19/2016, 11:53 AM
You can, it will actually look very nice and add some movement to the tank, just remember to give the LPS plenty of space (i.e. dont put any SPS corals too close to it), because LPS usually have very long tentacles and will almost always win in a battle against a SPS. Also a little bit of activated carbon in the sump wouldn't hurt. just dont put too much.

Wazzel
03/19/2016, 02:53 PM
Not a problem. I got 6 acans, 1 bowerbinki, 1 favia and 7 euphillia in my tank. They just need to be shielded from high flow and placed lower in your tank so they can have the correct light. Mine are all on the bottom of my tank.

karimwassef
03/19/2016, 03:32 PM
Good point. You'll need different zones of flow and light to accomodate different needs.

Also- some SPS can put out very long stinging filaments at night, so know your coral.

choicelife
03/19/2016, 06:16 PM
You can, it will actually look very nice and add some movement to the tank, just remember to give the LPS plenty of space (i.e. dont put any SPS corals too close to it), because LPS usually have very long tentacles and will almost always win in a battle against a SPS. Also a little bit of activated carbon in the sump wouldn't hurt. just dont put too much.

Nice tips! I will notice that! Appreciate!

choicelife
03/19/2016, 09:18 PM
Not a problem. I got 6 acans, 1 bowerbinki, 1 favia and 7 euphillia in my tank. They just need to be shielded from high flow and placed lower in your tank so they can have the correct light. Mine are all on the bottom of my tank.

Good point. You'll need different zones of flow and light to accomodate different needs.

Also- some SPS can put out very long stinging filaments at night, so know your coral.

Especially my girl wanna say thanks! Your answer give her hope!

But...there is always a but.
I have been find some tips in forum. They say to make SPS have a better condition. The water's state, Special the "NO3=zero? Not sure about that spell".

But the LPS will not feel good and alive in [NO3=zero]

So. Is that right?

minus9
03/20/2016, 11:44 AM
SPS and LPS here with no problems. It's all about placement and choices.

karimwassef
03/20/2016, 02:04 PM
There are many kinds of SPS tanks. Corals don't need Nitrate - they need FOOD.

If you have a tank with sufficient export (skimmer, ATS, GFO) enough that you can feed enough, then your corals will be happy - all of them.