PDA

View Full Version : Incredible manta ray encounter I had diving in Indonesia

kryppy
03/20/2016, 06:56 AM
If you ever get the chance to dive Komodo National Park, do it! The amount of coral and fish you will see is beyond the imagination...oh, and these guys are everywhere.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tLQeWQsGJxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MidwesternTexan
03/20/2016, 07:01 AM
Very nice.

I acutlaly dove whith a Ray that big or bigger, at the opening of
Pam Beach, Fl., in about 60-80 ft of water.

In that sunken old car ferry near there- in 90 Ft of water, I saw this HUGE
Queen Trigger- seemed like it was over 3 ft long!

Nice video- thanks for sharing

kryppy
03/20/2016, 07:42 AM
Very nice.

I acutlaly dove whith a Ray that big or bigger, at the opening of
Pam Beach, Fl., in about 60-80 ft of water.

In that sunken old car ferry near there- in 90 Ft of water, I saw this HUGE
Queen Trigger- seemed like it was over 3 ft long!

Nice video- thanks for sharing

Thanks. These guys were juveniles, maybe 5-6' across at best. There was a big pregnant female there too but she never came close like these guys. They were rubbing on me as they circled past at one point! They were super curious.

I have seen gigantic spotted eagle rays down here in South Florida that were at least 15' across. Only from the boat though unfortunately.

Speckled Grouper
03/20/2016, 04:57 PM
Just on a side note......the 3rd actress in that movie is ME :wavehand::wavehand::wavehand:

snorvich
03/31/2016, 08:18 PM
Just on a side note......the 3rd actress in that movie is ME :wavehand::wavehand::wavehand:

Based on your hover skills you must be very experienced

kryppy
04/07/2016, 07:20 PM

Pretty funny how it almost tapped you on the shoulder with its mandible thing and you never turned around to see it. :fun4:

pyithar
04/28/2016, 08:18 PM
awesome video! thanks for sharing. i'm still in planning stage to go there. i'd also like to go to raja ampat. hopefully next year or the year after that. :D

hogfanreefer
04/29/2016, 08:06 PM
That was incredible! It looked like they were just curious, kept turning around to come by you again and again. Didn't look like they were feeding.

I did the Manta Ray dive (night dive) in Kona, HI last fall and it was awesome too. Big Bertha (16' wingspan) made several passes within inches of my head.