PDA

View Full Version : Long nose hawkfish getting bullied

juniorrocketdad
03/20/2016, 03:28 PM
Hello reef central
So yesterday I purchases long nose hawkfish as the fifth inhabitant for my 34 gallon reef. The problem is my six line wrasse(yes I know this is common) bullies him during the day. He bullied my clown pair too but after they established their terrotory in a pot I added for them he left them alone. To summarize when the lights are on wrasse picks on hawkfish, I put a mirror on the glass and it def has diffused a lot of aggression, anyone have any other ideas to help my little dude out. Just a side note he eats selcon mysis like a pig, never seen a fish seek out food that aggressively before

scooter31707
03/21/2016, 07:18 AM
Get the 6-line wrasse our, basically. He will probably continue to be a jerk.

Dkuhlmann
03/21/2016, 12:21 PM
Now you know first hand why so many of us tell people to not get 6 line wrasses.

I agree with scooter, get a trap and catch him, trade your LFS for store credit. You can also search for bottle fish trap and make one out of a 20 oz water bottle. IMO and IME Dasiani bottles are the best, because when you cut them the top will snap into place with the bottom. There is a video I think on them just search Youtube.

juniorrocketdad
03/21/2016, 01:47 PM
Ya I've thought about getting rid of him for a while but the hawk is my last fish so f I can make it work I'd like to try, the mirror has worked well this far