PDA

View Full Version : MP10 Pulsing LED

davehead86
03/21/2016, 10:22 PM
I just recieved an MP10wes from someone on the boards. Its from late 2011. I plugged it in and its working great except for one weird problem.

It started to have a SLOW pulsing yellow LED. I have it on lagoon mode, its been on for a couple hours. No weird noises. No error codes, nothing. I look at it later and its pulsing. I assume its pulsing yellow because i had it in reef mode. I try to turn the knob to adjust it and it wont adjust. I press the mode button and it "wakes up" and is able to be adjusted etc.

The pump remains running during all of this. Is this normal for night mode or something? My other 2014 MP10es does not display this behavior.

Alex Y EcoTech
03/22/2016, 10:11 AM
Dave,

I would recommend performing a hard reset on that controller to see if the issue persists:

1) With the controller powered on, press and hold the "Mode" and Set" buttons until the dial blinks Red, White and Blue.
2) Press and hold the "Mode" button until dial blinks Red and Purple.
3) Press and Hold the "Mode" and "Power/Option" buttons until the pump powers off and resets.

davehead86
03/22/2016, 11:10 AM
Alex thanks for the info! I did speak with customer service today too. And they walked me through all of that. I thought maybe someone here had an issue like that. Like maybe it was a setting issue.

davehead86
03/22/2016, 05:16 PM
So it seems to be something wrong with the actual Lagoon Setting. I have it on the regular mode now and it has stopped presenting the problem. This will work unitll i upgrade to QD anyway in a few months.

davehead86
03/23/2016, 09:52 AM
Switched back to pulsing over night. And then this morning stopped pulsing. Waiting on word what this is a function of from Ecotech. Not sure if its something to do with a night mode or low power mode that the previous owner initiated, and why a hard reset would not clear that out.

Fascinating.

davehead86
03/24/2016, 12:56 PM
It is in a night mode.
I have detached the power and let it sit for a while and then plugged it back in and it continues to do it. Even after a hard reset.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Not that its a big deal, just curious.

Alex Y EcoTech
03/25/2016, 11:40 AM
Phil,

Do you have any other VorTechs or neighbors with VorTechs that could be putting the unit into nightmode?

davehead86
03/26/2016, 08:17 AM
Phil,

Do you have any other VorTechs or neighbors with VorTechs that could be putting the unit into nightmode?

None of my neighbors have Aquariums at all.
I have another MP10 BUT its not a wireless version, so im not sure how it would even communicate with this one.