PDA

View Full Version : Leaking calcium reactor

yoki32
03/25/2016, 06:16 PM
Hi guys,

I just setup my reactor today and I notice it is leaking at the seal between where the cylinder is connecting to the lid.

It is a Korallin 1502 reactor. I noticed that it only leaks when I open up the air vent and close the other outlet.

There's probably more pressure applying to the seal and that's why it leaks. If I close the air vent, it stops leaking completely.

Is there a way of putting Weldon 16 when it is actually filled up with water since the repair is outside or do i need to empty it entirely?

How would you go about this?

Thanks!

yoki32
03/27/2016, 07:30 AM
LOL Not one single reply.

Anyways I emptied the reactor yesterday. A pain in the a$$...I checked out the seams on top and what a really poor assembly. The seams are very bad...lots of air gap. They routed like an edge around the top and slipped the 1/8" tube in there. Poor construction. I originally purchased this reactor in 2010...It has never run since.

So I cut myself some 1/8" thick acrylic strips and glued them with Weldon 4 in a sandwich way on top of where the leaky joint was. I glued other strips as I didnt trust the joint at all. I removed the clamps this morning and all strips were firmly attached. I just put a bead of Weldon 16 around the strips. Lets hope this resolves the leak.

We pay high prices for these reactors yet they're built like crap. Korallin thats the last piece of equipment I will ever buy from them. On a side note, the Instruction manual is horrible and confusing to read. lol