PDA

View Full Version : 65 Gallon questions

lou the reefer
03/25/2016, 07:04 PM
hi I was in the process of planing for a new tank, I figured 65 gallon would be perfect. I would really want to have a snowflake eel with maby a pair of maroon clownfish and a six line wrasse ( not sure if that could work). I was also wondering if you guy had any light suggestion (preferably leds).
thanks

ichthyogeek
03/26/2016, 07:05 AM
idk about the fish stocking. All the fish you want to put in the 65 are aggressive or semi-aggressive, which makes stocking a bit more complicated. I'm more worried about the snowflake eel being bullied to death, or the sixline getting eaten. If somebody can confirm, add in the following order: sixline wrasse, SMALL snowflake eel, pair of maroon clowns.

As for lighting, I like my BML fixture, it has a nice lighting, and you can add corals later on. It's a bit on the expensive side though.

mitch91175
03/26/2016, 09:19 AM
Don't know about the fish, but Reefbreeders make some decent LED fixtures that do not cost a ton of money. Also would suggest going as big as you can on the aquarium so you can have more stock since it looks like you may be doing a FOWLR.

3dees
03/26/2016, 10:31 AM
I think one Maroon would be better. they, especially the female get big and aggressive. when they pair up they will take over the whole tank.