PDA

View Full Version : How do I ship coral without it getting damaged

Ethan2335
03/25/2016, 08:35 PM
I wanted to start selling coral frags and I was wondering how i could do this without the coral getting injured or damaged.

Cuteo3
04/05/2016, 04:53 AM
Double or triple bags, insulated with peanuts and heat/cold packs depending on weather conditions. Order from one of the more reputable online vendors and pay attention to their shipping/packing methods and you should be good to go. Good luck.

vashawn
04/20/2016, 12:20 PM
get thick bags, hot/cold pack, wrap bags in bubble wrap.
also cut a piece of foam that floats and attach the frag to it. in this way the coral wont hit the bag or make a hole.
gl

Maritimer
04/20/2016, 04:15 PM
I received some where the vendor had cut a hole into the bottom of a pill-cup/ketchup cup, with the bottom of the plug through the hole and the coral inside the cup. Coral and cup were in a sturdy bag with water. All arrived safely!

Shawn's suggestion sounds good as well, so long as the foam doesn't flip the coral high-and-dry . . .

~Bruce

Dkuhlmann
04/20/2016, 07:15 PM
Bruce, I just ran across that a month or so ago and in my opinion it's the best way ever for shipping frags.

rf@gmail.com
04/20/2016, 07:53 PM
You should Google Tidal Gardens 'Shipping Live Corals' Youtube. They have a video that shows step by step how their business ships live coral. I doubt that anyone knows more about it than they do. Note that they never ship when temperatures are in the single digits or lower! Even hot packs won't keep corals warm enough in those conditions. I hope that helps you out. -R.

fity2pounder
04/22/2016, 03:13 PM
I got an order from Cornbred. They didn't have any air in the bags. The bags were double bagged and then those bags were put in a larger bag. They also took piece of a bag and cut a slit in it where they stuck the stem of the frag plug and then lightly wrapped the bag around the plug and coral. They used a Styrofoam box with peanuts inside and taped heat packs to the outside of the box. Then that was in a cardboard box. Everything arrived in great shape.