PDA

View Full Version : Tips for scleronephthya

dingodan87
03/28/2016, 12:30 AM
Yes I know they are hard to keep let's get that out of the way..had mine for a few weeks it was doing great at first in a spot with high flow ramping up and down alternating direction every 6 hours. Feeding continuous daily 50ml shellfish diet 20 ml roti feast 10 ml oyster feast and maybe half teaspoon mixed fauna Marin dry foods. 90 g display 30g sump 30g refugium. Small skimmer but large ats daily water changes gfo carbon nitrates at 0 phosphates 0.2. Anyways one day I accidentally turned the ato on and salinity dropped 1 ppm. All corals bounced back within a day except for my scleronephthya it's been almost 2 weeks now and it hasn't opened up since. Tried feeding more, less, large water change don't know what else to try. Anyone?

dingodan87
03/28/2016, 12:32 AM
Oh also tried lowering temp to 77.5 f

calk me Q
03/28/2016, 03:00 AM
my dendronepthya died(lose hydrostatic) after 5 months even it showed very great condition in the first 3 months. Note this kind of coral doenst have strong nematocyst so they evlove to compete by growing and reproducing rapidly in the wild. However, this has never been observed in any of our captive system. There must be sth wrong that has restrained their growth.

dingodan87
03/28/2016, 11:52 AM
One concern I have is it is very large and I've heard their lifespans may not be too long to begin with. It has been in my lfs for a couple months looking good though and I know they feed less than I do

dingodan87
03/28/2016, 11:53 AM
"In my lfs"