PDA

View Full Version : Yellow tang in QT - questions

aprilschutt
03/30/2016, 08:05 AM
I picked up a yellow tang 11 days ago and it's so far only been in quarantine. (Learned the hard way last time). So far he has looked great, nothing on his body. He's been eating nori off a clip as well as larrys frozen and some frozen mysis.

Today, day 11, I was observing him and I now see tiny white specks on only his pectoral fins. So, first of all, glad he's in QT! Secondly, any thoughts on what it is and what I need to do to treat it?

TIA

krullshards
03/30/2016, 11:34 AM
I picked up a yellow tang 11 days ago and it's so far only been in quarantine. (Learned the hard way last time). So far he has looked great, nothing on his body. He's been eating nori off a clip as well as larrys frozen and some frozen mysis.

Today, day 11, I was observing him and I now see tiny white specks on only his pectoral fins. So, first of all, glad he's in QT! Secondly, any thoughts on what it is and what I need to do to treat it?

TIA

Is it possible to take a picture or video?

vinhle00
03/30/2016, 12:07 PM
Ich spots range from 0.5-2.0mm and usually appear on the pectoral fins first while velvet which is much more deadly looks like dust. Any srataching? Clamped fins? Lethargy?

Since this is a tang and tangs are very susceptible to ich. i would start with a fomalin dip then tank transfer method fallow by observation. Please check out the sticky on tank transfer method if you havent yet.

snorvich
03/30/2016, 01:14 PM
Ich spots range from 0.5-2.0mm and usually appear on the pectoral fins first while velvet which is much more deadly looks like dust. Any srataching? Clamped fins? Lethargy?

Since this is a tang and tangs are very susceptible to ich. i would start with a fomalin dip then tank transfer method fallow by observation. Please check out the sticky on tank transfer method if you havent yet.

I agree.

aprilschutt
03/30/2016, 02:43 PM
I'm going to try and post a video later today. I appreciate the responses. They look almost "cloudy" color and are more blotchy then an actual circle. Also seem to have faded as the day goes on...