PDA

View Full Version : Please help finding a part...if it exists.

stiltman
03/30/2016, 07:38 PM
Quickly I'd like to say thank you for what you guys have been doing. I've been ordering supplies from BRS for years and am very happy with you guys.

One of my best purchases was my BRS 5 stage RODI systems :-)

I go through DI resin very fast though (probably get around 75 gallons of RODI water for one canister of DI resin). My TDS isn't crazy high either. I don't know maybe that isn't fast, but I'm pretty sure my well water may have something to do with this. I have found a couple threads suggesting people with well water try running water through the RO unit first, aerating the water for 24 hours or so and then pumping it through the DI canister.

Sounds like a good idea to me. It won't really require me to get much more equipment and isn't a huge pain. So whether or not it is necessary it's worth giving it a shot in my opinion.

So my plan is to run the water through the DI canister using one of my maxi-jet pumps I have buried in a closet somewhere. I have a 600 and 900 I believe. Is there an attachment or fitting I can use so I can use a pump like this with the lines that come with my BRS RODI unit?

Thanks for reading!

Speedfreak241
03/31/2016, 08:49 AM
While I'm not to sure but I believe that the maxi-jet pumps would be to many gph and you would want one with a flow rate of about 3 gph like it would when normally hooked up. For this it would be easier to get a dosing pump and use that to push water through.

RT_BRS
03/31/2016, 03:03 PM
Quickly I'd like to say thank you for what you guys have been doing. I've been ordering supplies from BRS for years and am very happy with you guys.

One of my best purchases was my BRS 5 stage RODI systems :-)

I go through DI resin very fast though (probably get around 75 gallons of RODI water for one canister of DI resin). My TDS isn't crazy high either. I don't know maybe that isn't fast, but I'm pretty sure my well water may have something to do with this. I have found a couple threads suggesting people with well water try running water through the RO unit first, aerating the water for 24 hours or so and then pumping it through the DI canister.

Sounds like a good idea to me. It won't really require me to get much more equipment and isn't a huge pain. So whether or not it is necessary it's worth giving it a shot in my opinion.

So my plan is to run the water through the DI canister using one of my maxi-jet pumps I have buried in a closet somewhere. I have a 600 and 900 I believe. Is there an attachment or fitting I can use so I can use a pump like this with the lines that come with my BRS RODI unit?

Thanks for reading!

Ahhh, yes. The joys of degassing. :P Sounds like you've got a good plan in mind, but like speedfreak noted, the MJ likely will have too fast a flow rate for the DI resin. That being said, using a ball valve you might be able to get down to a workable flow rate. A 75 GPD RO system pushes around 3.125 gallons per hour, so that's what I would aim for.

Outside of going with an aqualifter or BRS top off doser, you would need to get creative with your plumbing to make the MJ work. You're best bet is a 1/2" Male NPT x Push Connect:
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mur-lok-male-npt-x-push-connect.html

followed by a 1/2" coupler:
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-2-schedule-40-coupler-thread-x-thread.html

A 1/2" x 1/4" reducing bushing:
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/schedule-80-reducing-bushing-thread-x-thread-1-a318166b8539611449bf21ddc297a783.html

and lastly a 1/4" Male NPT x Push Connect:
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mur-lok-male-npt-x-push-connect.html

stiltman
03/31/2016, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I happen to have an aqualifter handy...somewhere. Will I be able to hook that up easily?

lobstergrabber
04/01/2016, 07:14 AM
The aqualifter will hook right up to the normal ro water line and pushed I believe 3.8 gallons an hour so would be perfect.

Richard

stiltman
04/01/2016, 07:34 AM
Perfect! Thanks everyone. Now I just need to find it. Lol.

RT_BRS
04/01/2016, 09:17 AM
The aqualifter will hook right up to the normal ro water line and pushed I believe 3.8 gallons an hour so would be perfect.

Richard

You'd need to factor in head height, but it would be a pretty good choice!

Perfect! Thanks everyone. Now I just need to find it. Lol. Haha!