PDA

View Full Version : Brittle Star - 30 gallon

morpheas
03/31/2016, 07:15 AM
Hello,

I know this has been asked before but I wanted to pick the collective brain about specifically my situation. I have a 30 gallon tank with a couple of clowns, a blenny and some LPS and zoas and I already have a red linkia star which I love. I was wanting to add a brittle star to the mix (not a green one) but I wanted to see if you guys have any experience or objections about this.

Thanks!

snorvich
03/31/2016, 07:26 AM
The red linkia star will starve to death in that sized tank.

morpheas
03/31/2016, 07:50 AM
He's been around for a little over six months but technically they might starve to death in any size tank simply because we know very little about what they eat etc. You'll read a slew of opinions in any place online... Others recommend 30 gallon minimum with plenty of rock. So i do see your point and concern for sure but i think my millage will vary...

thegrun
03/31/2016, 10:47 AM
...as to the Brittle Star I don't see a problem with it in a 30 gallon tank. You may need to spot feed it on occasion, but the ones I have kept are pretty good about scavenging for food.

morpheas
03/31/2016, 12:37 PM
...as to the Brittle Star I don't see a problem with it in a 30 gallon tank. You may need to spot feed it on occasion, but the ones I have kept are pretty good about scavenging for food.

Thanks for the info and sharing your experience with them.