PDA

View Full Version : Co2?

drillsar
04/01/2016, 08:11 PM
How do you know if your water has high co2 levels? My town has well water and I do go through a lot of DI. Is there a cartridge I can buy or something I can test for?

DamonG
04/01/2016, 08:13 PM
How do you know if your water has high co2 levels? My town has well water and I do go through a lot of DI. Is there a cartridge I can buy or something I can test for?
There indeed are tests.. The simplest is to take a ph reading on some water, and then sit it outside for a few hours. If three ph goes up, then there is Co2 in the water. I want to say I think Hanna and lamotte makes tests..

drillsar
04/01/2016, 09:09 PM
lets say I have c02 than what do I do make buckets of water than circulate it with a pump than use a booster pump or something that goes to ro/di? can I reuse the waste water just curious or not a good idea?

SpectraPure
04/02/2016, 09:36 AM
We have a CO2 Test Kit that will accurately determine the CO2 in your RO water, before the DI stage.

http://spectrapure.com/Carbon-Dioxide-Test-Kit?filter_name=test%20kit

If you have CO2, you will need to collect the RO water in a barrel, degas it with airstones and then run that water through the DI stage.

There is no practical way to re-use waste water.

Support at SpectraPure

tom obrecht
04/09/2016, 11:03 AM
Is there anything available besides degassing tube or barrel that can add life to filters if you have co2 in your water? I'm on well water and I've done both of these and don't want to go that route again. Right now I go through at least a couple di filters a month. I don't mind paying for filters but am wondering if there are different options available?

SpectraPure
04/09/2016, 12:16 PM
Some of our customers chose to refill their standard DI carts with our least-expensive

Mixed-Bed Semiconductor Grade DI Resin, 5 Liter - RES-MB-SC-5L

http://spectrapure.com/FILTERS-MEMBRANES-RESIN/DI-CARTRIDGES-RESIN/Mixed-Bed-Semiconductor-Grade-DI-Resin-5-Liter

Works out to about $11 per refill.

You didn't say if you have one or two DI stages.

Support at SpectraPure

tom obrecht
04/10/2016, 01:33 PM
Some of our customers chose to refill their standard DI carts with our least-expensive

Mixed-Bed Semiconductor Grade DI Resin, 5 Liter - RES-MB-SC-5L

http://spectrapure.com/FILTERS-MEMBRANES-RESIN/DI-CARTRIDGES-RESIN/Mixed-Bed-Semiconductor-Grade-DI-Resin-5-Liter

Works out to about $11 per refill.

You didn't say if you have one or two DI stages.

Support at SpectraPure
I have a max cap unit. 2 di filters along with the profiler and carbon. I'm guessing there is not a solution other than degassing or frequent filter replacement. I know Spectrapure does tons of R&D and new things come about regularly so I was checking in to see if anything has been added.

SpectraPure
04/11/2016, 09:01 AM
Nope. CO2 is tough to deal with and if we had a solution, we would love to tell you.

With two DI carts, the first (#1) will exhaust first. If you can catch it starting to break through, remove it and rotate #2 to #1 and put a new one in #2. That will be another savings to you.

Support at SpectraPure

SpectraPure
04/11/2016, 12:09 PM
Ok let me offer a little insight. The best combo for co2 removal is a SAC cartridge that will convert any alkalinity into co2, and then an SBA cartridge to remove the co2, and then either a mixed bed or 2. All of which should be color indicating. This has helped a fellow that has had a space restraint. He also purchased a 99% membrane, and also a booster pump to get his membrane tds lower.

I also make the degassing columns with DI purifiers now.

Jeremy

tom obrecht
04/11/2016, 02:39 PM
Can u get me some info on the degassing columns and di purifiers Jeremy?

SpectraPure
04/11/2016, 02:46 PM
I can. Email me at [email protected]

Jeremy

tom obrecht
04/11/2016, 03:16 PM
Email sent

SpectraPure
04/18/2016, 12:04 PM
oh man. I dropped the ball on this. I do apologize deeply. Please email me again @ [email protected]

Jeremy