PDA

View Full Version : Photo update

nmotz
04/02/2016, 10:48 AM
I've had Neptune for almost 9 months now, and my 40B was initially set-up a little over a year ago. Time flies!

I'm not any good at this reef photography business, but I did the best I could to capture how the tank has evolved. Enjoy!

nmotz
04/02/2016, 10:50 AM
Star of the show: Neptune!

EI Gringo
04/02/2016, 11:04 AM
That's sweet bro, love the rimlessness but are you not concerned of the peacock jumping? Anyway I feel I should add mine too :D

EI Gringo
04/02/2016, 11:08 AM
And a few more :3

nmotz
04/02/2016, 11:20 AM
Very cool, I like the pinkish hue of that Glabrous (?)

Yeah I'm not too concerned about the Peacock jumping. I do have a screen top, but I like the open look and Neptune doesn't do a lot of crazy swimming around even if there is food in the water or something.

My one regret with this tank is going SPS + LEDs....I really do think that contributed to a decline in activity. Neptune is still really cool and he's great around meal time but he doesn't do as much foraging as he used to and I think it's bc of the lights. If I could go back I would just do straight soft corals plus duller T5 lighting like I initially had on the tank. Plus stony corals are just plain tough...Otherwise, everything's going ok

EI Gringo
04/02/2016, 12:11 PM
Yeah the second picture on the first comment I made is the tank that will house a peacock, it's low wattage LEDS and I have no intention of growing corals, I'm actually going to start filling it with macroalgae. My Glabrous was peach and yellow when I bought her but I think because I kept her under room lights for over a year she has faded to pink and lemon. My p.Ciliata is also starting to darken around the segments of her carapace

EI Gringo
04/02/2016, 12:16 PM
My led tank is remote controlled and I can change the colours and have fading patterns etc on there.

nmotz
04/04/2016, 10:21 AM
My led tank is remote controlled and I can change the colours and have fading patterns etc on there.

That's cool, yeah that is one great feature of LEDs, they are highly controllable. I do think they are the future of the hobby in terms of quality lighting, but still hard to configure just right, especially for stony corals.

I'm going to be moving in a little over a year and when I do I'll probably sell my LEDs and put the money towards a simple 2 bulb T5 system. Then I'll switch over to predominantly soft corals with maybe one or two SPS right up near the top of the tank so they can get enough light.