PDA

View Full Version : Marineland Emperor Power Filter

JFB318
04/02/2016, 03:02 PM
I just purchased this Emperor Power Filter which came with two filter cartridges which have media containers that are filled with charcoal, one of which goes in a slot on each side of the housing. However there are two more empty media containers, one on each side also that snap open and are empty. What should go inside these?

JFB318
04/03/2016, 09:12 AM
Guess no one is using this model of filter??

reefbroao
04/03/2016, 09:20 AM
They're not really ideal for saltwater.

garygonzales
04/03/2016, 09:46 AM
i have almost the same thing..i just put carbon and filters in all 4 slots...but reefbro is right not ideal for saltwater cause this will tend to hold nitrates...thats why getting rid of mine

Natereef
04/03/2016, 12:30 PM
I just purchased this Emperor Power Filter which came with two filter cartridges which have media containers that are filled with charcoal, one of which goes in a slot on each side of the housing. However there are two more empty media containers, one on each side also that snap open and are empty. What should go inside these?

You can put anything you want. Purigen, carbon, phosguard. Any media you can fit in there you can put in.

I though about putting ceramic rings in there and do a minimalist bare bottom
Tank but I went with a canister instead. If youre gonna put ceramic put it after the prefilter so it doesnt gunk up.