PDA

View Full Version : Ecotech vectra m1 opinions

nathan1986
04/03/2016, 12:56 PM
My current return pump on my 120 is loud and annoys me. I was looking at the ecotech vectra m1 as a replacement pump. I dont have an apex controller so that wont bother me that it isnt compatible with apex. Im more concerned with it being silent, being VERY reliable and easy to clean. Also it flows alot, im concerned it might be too powerful for my 120g tank. Looking for everyone input on this pump. Thanks in advance, nathan

drummerboyevil
04/03/2016, 01:26 PM
It's DC controllable down to very small flow rates... you can use this pump on a nano if you want to. Pretty future proof too as far as moving it to much larger tanks.

nathan1986
04/03/2016, 01:28 PM
Okay so that controller it comes with allows you to dial the flow down to your liking. I like that. Also i read there are additional fittings you can buy for more plumbing options, correct?

drummerboyevil
04/03/2016, 01:36 PM
Not sure on the fittings. Here's a great video on the pump.

http://www.mrsaltwatertank.com/mr-saltwater-tank-reviews-the-ecotech-marine-vectra-pump/

alton
04/03/2016, 04:23 PM
Love the pump, the fittings are no big deal. Super quiet!

mfinn
04/03/2016, 07:21 PM
Okay so that controller it comes with allows you to dial the flow down to your liking. I like that. Also i read there are additional fittings you can buy for more plumbing options, correct?

If you want quiet get the Vectra M1.
Controllable flow, internal or external.

I used the BSP fitting ( from EcoTech ) for the return side, then using a regular pvc1-1/4" to 1" slip/ slip fitting and ran 1" pvc after.
On the suction side I used the blue collar and glued directly to 1" pvc.
Here is the fittings.

http://store.ecotechmarine.com/store/vectra/vectra-pump-accessories

rastafarian
04/04/2016, 07:48 AM
I liked the pump so much, I bought 3! After replacing my return pump with an m1, I subsequently replaced my skimmer and media pumps with m1. Dead quiet, controllable, no heat, powerful. You can use ecomarinelive to control them (app or web). For example my return pump runs at 55% during the night and then ramps to 80% during the day. It also has nice feed mode options. I turn off the return pump for 15 min. At 15 min it ramps back to previous power over 5 min. At this point the skimmer turns back on. Cool stuff.