PDA

View Full Version : LiterMeter III Generation Differences

seldon
04/03/2016, 05:36 PM
I'm looking to buy a used LiterMeter III and was wondering what the differences are between the different generations?

SpectraPure
04/04/2016, 09:08 AM
Gen-5 and Gen-6 pump heads are dimensionally different from Gen-4 and earlier. The newer pumps have a specially-reinforced tubing of a different diameter and will not work in the older ones.

Support at SpectraPure

seldon
04/04/2016, 11:08 AM
Gen-5 and Gen-6 pump heads are dimensionally different from Gen-4 and earlier. The newer pumps have a specially-reinforced tubing of a different diameter and will not work in the older ones.

Support at SpectraPure

Thanks, Any other major differences?

Also, what year/mfg date did the change from gen 4 to gen 5 happen?

SpectraPure
04/04/2016, 11:18 AM
None with the box or control board.
Over 5 years ago.
The serial number will have a -G5 or -G6 in it.

seldon
04/09/2016, 09:10 PM
So the unit I bought has a serial number starting LM3-111## so that looks to me like it is a Gen4 unit, correct? The unit has the metal pump head.

Currently the LiterMeter III works, but the RPM with it does not. The motor spins, but the roller do not. I took apart the head and the tubing is pretty deformed and a little stiff. I'm guessing it just needs the tubing replaced. Do you agree?

SpectraPure
04/10/2016, 09:03 AM
Yes, that's a Gen4.

Try using pure Acetone on the rollers, motor shaft and tubing. Everything needs to be squeaky-clean. The tubing is stiff because it hasn't been running.

Support at SpectraPure